Bergan Dog Car Harness
Price: from £48.99
Buy from us and you can select the correct combination of harness and tether size – offering is exclusive to us
Unique safety tested dog car harnesses by Bergan for a complete, safe dog seat belt system for every dog.
UK Highway Code law prohibits you to travel with your dog in the car without being restrained, so keep your best friend safe and sound with this unique dog seat belt system
- Safety-tested dog car harness
- Unrestrictive allowing your dog to lie down, sit and stand up with an adjustable dog seat belt strap (you can choose the strap length to best suit your dog’s height). Safest to only allow your dog to sit up whilst the car is moving.
- Easy to put onto your dog (step-in)
- Fully adjustable dog car harness with a padded chest plate for a secure, comfortable fit
- Lightweight, made from chloroprene rubber
- Strong and durable
- Can double up as a walking harness
- Two high-grade aluminum carabineer fastenings, one end attaches to back of the harness, the other to one of your 4 fixings in the rear of the car which is for a child safety seat for Small size harness only (located below the white button on the back of the car seat (see pic below) in the gap between seat and seat back (recessed) – you have to dig deep to find it,especially if it’s never been used before. All modern day cars are fitted with these. Alternatively for Medium/Large/XL sizes you can fix the strap in the car by plugging in your own seat belt and fastening the carabineer round the straps (see pic below). Both methods are safe. Any queries about this, please contact us
- suitable for use with any secure floor mounted anchor latch in car boots in estate cars, caravans, motor homes and 4 x 4 vehicles
- ideal for use with our safety tested dog car booster seats (for dogs upto 30lbs)
- Easy wipe clean finish
- Blue (available in all sizes)
- Available in 4 sizes
- Replacement tether strap available
- Read our customer reviews of the Bergan car harness
Bergan dog car harnesses sizes go by weight
We recommend you weigh your dog before ordering, if you are unsure about his/her weight (if your dog is large and difficult to weigh, most vets surgeries have a free weigh service or if your dog has recently attended a surgery, just ring them for weight).
Sizes are as follows for Bergan dog car safety harnesses
Small: for dogs 10-25 lbs (4.5 – 11 kilos)
(if you are ordering a small size for a dog who is quite tall, i.e. Whippet, you need to order small with medium tether as opposed to the small tether the size comes with, as your dog will need the extra length on the longer tether to be able to sit up comfortably.
Medium: for dogs 25-50 lbs (11-23 kilos) (comes with med/large tether) we also offer the medium harness with an XL tether for tall dogs who fall into the medium size
Large: for dogs 50-80 lbs (23-36 kilos) (comes with med/large tether) we also offer the large harness with an XL tether for tall dogs who fall into the large size
Xlarge: for dogs 80-150 lbs (37-68 kilos) (comes with XLarge tether) If you feel the XL tether will not be long enough for your big dog, we also have a size option for XL to select XL with XL tether and extra extension tether which is the small tether (see lengths below) Bergan have stated that it is perfectly safe to link 2 tethers together.
Small size Bergan tether adjusts from minimum 36 cm to maximum 45 cm
Medium/large size Bergan tether adjusts from minimum 47 cm to maximum 65 cm
XLarge size Bergan tether adjusts from minimum 54 cm to maximum 76 cm
If you would like any other harness/tether combination, please contact us
Where to fit the tether attached to the child seat fixing (rear of car) under white button between seat and seat back
Additional Details: All orders are sent out tracked and will require a signature. Only one delivery charge irrespective of how many items ordered. Free shipping to the UK if your order totals £49 or over.