Hand-Drawn Dog Portraits
We are delighted to offer hand-drawn dog portraits from your photos in either pastel or coloured pencils by Nature by Dawn here in the UK at last!
Bring a favourite photograph of your dog to life with a hand-drawn dog portrait. Dawn works in both soft chalk pastels or coloured pencil on acid-free textured paper – both these mediums allow for fine detail with long-haired dogs particularly looking more realistic in pastels.
You can choose from a full body portrait or head only or why not incorporate a favourite dog toy into your dog portrait. Dawn is also happy to be flexible, so if you have a particular idea for a commission you would like her to quote for, just contact us
- How it works: First choose your size
Portrait Sizes and Prices: all are in either coloured pencil or pastels
8″ x 10″ (head portrait only) £125.00 (deposit £57.00)
11″ x 14″ (head or full body) £ 150 (deposit £68.00)
18″ x 12″ (2 dogs, 1 dog and object – either full body or head only) £ 185.00 (deposit £80)
all prices include postage with full insurance
- give us your email address in the special instructions box and telephone number
- pay your deposit only at this stage – the balance will be due before despatch
- upon receipt of your order we shall confirm your order and estimated delivery time – allow 3/4 weeks and if for a gift, a gift voucher can be sent to you – indicate ‘gift’ in special instructions box – we shall ask at this time for at least 3 good quality photos to be either emailed or sent to us (Dawn the artist my request more)
- Dawn will email you interim sketches for approval as your commission progresses
- One of these sketches will be provided with your final artwork – see Dougie’s sketch above
- Dawn will ask you to pay the balance payment before despatch (on her own website or by cheque to us)
- Your artwork will be sent out to you to be signed for fully insured
- If the artwork is a surprise gift, contact us before ordering on 01900 812732 (UK landline)
Christmas Presents? Ideal gift for the dog lover in your life!
there’s still time to order a dog portrait for Christmas 2012 !
ABOUT DAWN ROSS THE ARTIST
Dawn is an avid animal lover. Since the day she was born, there has been at least one dog in her life starting with a Spaniel mix named Wendy; then Lady, Max, Cassie, Squash, … all the way to Maya & Pierson today. These wonderful four-legged family members helped to encourage Dawn’s talent in drawing. As a girl, she started with drawings of Care Bears and her dog Cassie. Cassie continued to be her inspiration through middle school, high school, and college.
Today, Dawn’s art continues to be inspired by animals, as seen on her website Nature by Dawn.com. A cute photo of a dog or cat will give her the urge to draw and bring an ordinary photo to life with spirit and color. Being intimate with animals gives Dawn a good understanding of how to draw their eyes and nose, as well as the flow of their hair. The eyes and nose of a dog or cat are complex and can be the most difficult to draw, but these features are Dawn’s specialty. When you look into the eyes of an animal in Dawn’s art, it is like looking into the soul of that special pet.
Additional Details: Allow 3-4 weeks for completion and delivery of your dog portrait. All dog portraits are sent out first class to be signed for with full insurance.